Effective communications are key to workplace productivity and cohesion. In too many instances employees lack the tools to communicate well with others, to navigate conflict or to address challenging situations with tact and credibility. In this course, we will outline communication strategies and tools to improve employee communications with colleagues, superiors and subordinates alike.
- Apply diplomacy and tact to be a credible and effective communicator
- Manage the impact your communications have on your image
- Define and leverage your communication style
- Develop and demonstrate better listening skills Understand the importance of perceptions
- Explore communication style differences and learn to flex your own style
- Recognize the impact of stress on communications and be able to adjust for it
- Know what makes effective, powerful communication and develop the skills to model it
- Effective and Appropriate Written Business Communication
Team Building Across Cultures teaches employees and supervisors how to tap into a diverse team’s resources. Teams also learn strategies and tactics for working together successfully. Diversity training for teams helps facilitate cross-cultural communication and enhances productivity.
- Help participants discover unconscious perceptions and behaviors that prevent the full development, utilization, and advancement of all employees.
- Teach participant how to permanently resolve unconscious patterns of exclusion that result from the perceptions and behaviors above.
- Learn the skill of facilitative coaching in influencing others to accept and practice inclusive behaviors.
Language is our primary means of communication and most workers have dozens of communications each work day. As the workforce becomes increasingly diverse, in many instances these communications are with employees of differing racial, religious, ethnic and other demographic backgrounds. “The Power of Respectful Language,” helps learners avoid unintended offensive language by cultivating awareness of commonplace stereotypes, prejudice, and implicit biases in everyday communication. This workplace diversity training also educates learners on appropriate ways of expressing and communicating ideas while avoiding language that could offend people of different cultures.
- Overview the evolving face of the contemporary workforce.
- Overview the impact of communication on workplace community, collegiality and productivity.
- Identify areas where communication missteps may be made.
- Arm participants with tools and strategies for more effective communications.
We all harbor biases and their impact on our behavior and decision making can be significant. This cultural diversity training course teaches employees what implicit bias is, guides them to recognize their own, helps them understand its effects in the workplace, and provides them with tools to overcome its impact on their interactions and decision making.
- Provide overview of studies and statistics demonstrating the pervasive, subtle, and damaging quality of implicit bias.
- Allow participants to recognize their biases and their impact on their day to day decision making and behavior.
- Detail the impact of implicit bias in hiring, promotion and other workplace decisions.
- Provide participants with strategies for combating & dislodging implicit bias in the workplace
- Overview tips and tricks for recognizing implicit bias